Monday, September 12, 2011

a stitch in time

 Yesterday a little girl that I'd been teaching to crochet came over with a project she wanted to do for her mother.
She spent 6 hrs working on it. The entire time she talked about how much she loved her mom and that she needed to get it done before her mom got off work. Her stitches were tight and she struggled to work the hook into each row. I watched her as her little hands shook and pressed on, the whole time she talked about how much her mother meant to her and all the struggle her mother had in her life and how her mother handled it all with strength and grace. Each time the work would get difficult and the handle of the hook left indents on her little fingers she would say " I love my mommy so much" " I have to get this done for her" "it has to be perfect, because I love her so much". When I would offer to take over for her she would say "I want to do it for my mom to show her how much I love her" and she would continue. When I suggested a short break to rest her hands she would say" I can rest when it's done".  After it was completed it was truly beautiful. Each stitch perfect. When I praised her on her work she didn't take pride in it herself. She was too excited to give it away.
 I think this is how God wants all of us to be. Work hard with Love in our hearts, push on through the toughest challenge and then Give with Love. This little girl truly left me inspired. I hope her story does the same for you.
Be Blessed my friends. ( yesterday I was)
Cathy A Hayes

No comments:

Post a Comment