Friday, November 22, 2013

I didn't find Jesus

Someone once asked me "when did you find Jesus?" My response was " I didn't find Jesus, He found me.I was the one that was lost, not Him".

There was so much more to the story but they didn't give me time to elaborate.

You see, Jesus was with me when I was young, He brought me closer to God through the Holy Spirit. For a while it was The Trinity and Me.

Then as I grew older and in my rebel stage I thought I could do it all with out them. I made bad mistakes and hung out with sinners. Yet Jesus didn't give up on me. He was there at every corner, sometimes just shaking his finger and saying "tsk tsk tsk". He chased me down like a lost sheep in a pack of wolves. I ran and hid and tried to do things that Jesus would not have approved. Yet Jesus did not give up on me. I fell into the trapping of the world. Yet Jesus did not give up.

Finally I decided that if God had that much interest in me, if Jesus took me that serious, and if the Holy Spirit never left my side, I might as well let them in. I was making a mess of things on my own anyway.

Now it's the Trinity and me, hanging out and spreading The Word their way.

I think my friend, the better question is "Where were you when Jesus found you?"

Cathy A Hayes

No comments:

Post a Comment