Saturday, November 23, 2013

pocket dial

The story goes like this:
 Whenever one of my kids says "God" or "Jesus" in an upset manner I respond with "Amen, What are we praying for?" This response has broken the bad habit of most of my children.

One day my youngest daughter was sitting close to me but texting a friend. She received a message and said "Oh God". I responded in my usual "Amen, What are we praying for?". She responded in the usual teenage snit, " Praying that you are not so annoying". I bowed my head and started a longer prayer. " Dear Lord, Please don't let me be...." then I stopped and said to her." Wait, I like being annoying". I looked up and said. "Sorry God, Pocket dial, we'll talk later." My daughter and I had a good laugh about it, but it got me to thinking..... How many times do people pocket dial God? Does he get annoyed with all those people calling on him and not finishing the conversation?

I think he is just glad that we still call on him for the minor instances in life that are frustrating. God is involved in the little things of everyday life and I believe this is where we find Him. Daily joys and daily frustrations are our connection to the Holy Spirit and our opportunities to get closer to God. We shouldn't be worried about asking God for help with the miss placed items, dropped calls, spilled milk...etc... He is God after all, and is everywhere all the time, just waiting for us to connect to Him.

Be Blessed
Cathy A Hayes

No comments:

Post a Comment