Thursday, February 6, 2014

Forgiveness

At 3am this morning my brother received a call from his ex-wife. She was stranded in the snow and the cold. Her car just quit running on the busiest street in our city.

He immediately jumped up, got bundled and walked to her location to help.Although their divorce was many years ago they still count on each other when they need someone reliable in the middle of the night. That is a thing of beauty for me to see. They will probably never get back together but they will always remain close.

In loo of payment she gave him a box of doughnuts to bring back to the house. (now here is where my morning became interesting)

My two male cats tried to get the doughnuts at the same time and erupted into a full blow cat fight. Fur, claws and teeth were all that you could see as this ball half grey and half yellow went rolling around the house. They traveled from the kitchen to the dining room and down the hall. Eventually they made it to my bedroom and we were able to break them apart. One hid under the bed and the other ran for cover in the dining room.

Not ten minutes later the yellow one was on my bed licking his wounds. The grey one came in very slowly and they began to "coo" and "trill" at each other, they way cats do when they don't want humans to listen. Soon both cats were on my bed licking each others wounds and purring. What was recently a "fight ball" had become a cuddle of love.

I wish all people could be as quick to forgive after a fight as these two cats. I don't know if I'd be as quick to trust someone that just hurt me to bandage my wounds or bandage the wounds of someone I hurt.

Although early, this morning was full of love and forgiveness. Praise be to God.

I am blessed that my spiritual teaching often comes from my family and fur family.

Be Blessed my friends

Cathy Hayes

No comments:

Post a Comment