Saturday, March 21, 2015

Race Wars

I have been silent for a while now about the issues in Ferguson Mo. and the continued race wars that have ensued in this country. I can keep silent no longer. I may offend some of my friends with my opinions but then this blog is about my opinions so read at your own risk. I am to conservative to be a liberal and to liberal to be a conservative, this is why I am an independent voter. I am an independent thinker after all.

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the issue of skin color. I am not black, I am not white, I am not yellow. I am pink. I know there are other "pinkies" out there, after all it comes from my mothers side of the family. Often times I hear, " looks like someone got to much sun." My response is "Nope, I'm just pink.". I never thought of judging others by the color of their skin. I am in the major minority after all. How many pinks do you know?

I keep hearing all this nonsense about race. We are all the human race no matter whether we are black, white, brown, yellow, red or pink. Everyone seems to be upset that white cops killed black man or that black man killed white cops.. The bigger tragedy is that people are killing people. We were created to love one another. Killing each other, what ever the justification, is still killing. Taking lives because of the color of skin makes no sense to me. To have that much anger in a persons soul against an entire group is so sad to me.

God graced us with his forgiveness. Why can't we forgive others?? He created us all in his image to love and care for one another. We are instructed to forgive others as He has forgiven us. Why is this concept so difficult for people? We were commanded to not kill, not envy and not lie to each other. Why is this concept so difficult for people? We are here to bring peace to the world, to be in charge, to share the burdens of others and relieve the suffering. Instead we cause suffering.

I just don't get it. Hate, anger, rage and violence to a whole group of people is just insane to me.

Be Blessed my friends and spread love and peace.

Cathy A Hayes 

No comments:

Post a Comment