Wednesday, November 20, 2013

My Collection

Many people I know collect things, little figures or pictures or items that they like to have around. My sister it's stamps. My mother collects swans. Lots of people collect items that might have value someday. They usually have "prized possession" that they display for guests to admire and keep the rest in some safe hidden place to prevent the items from being lost or stolen.

I collect joys.

My collection is massive! I have great big ones, like giving birth to a child, or having a child graduate high school. ( I have 2 of the latter on back order to be delivered in a couple of years) I have little tiny ones, like kittens purring on my lap. I have ones that someone gave me, like a lunch with a good friend. The best part is no one can take them from me,when I share them they multiply, and when I go to Heaven I can share them with Jesus!

I still remember my first joy! My sister and I were playing on the couch with dolls my mother made out of corduroy and yarn. That was the first time I laughed so hard tears rolled down my face and my tummy hurt.

So the next time you see me smiling or giggling or laughing just know that I am adding to my collection.

Be Blessed
Cathy A Hayes

No comments:

Post a Comment