Monday, September 12, 2011

My Morning Cup

My Morning Cup


Isaiah 64:8 “Yet you, LORD, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter, we are all the work of your hands”

thoughts as I drink my morning cup of coffee.

We all are given a cup at birth. Some are fancy and gilded, Some are plain, some are large, some are small. They are all filled each day with the Love of God. Refills free for the asking.

Through the years our cups are damaged. No one is exempt. A small chip here, a small chip there. Some of the damage we did, other damage, others did. We see people with their cups and don't think they have chips in them, but they do. Some are on the back side that no one else sees. Some are cracked inside where only Gods Love can see. Sometimes the handle is deceiving, If you hold from the handle you might get hurt on a long forgotten chip.

Gods Love in the cup

Just as we each like our coffee different. God's Love for each of us is different. Some of us like it sweet, lots of sugar. Some of us like it smooth and creamy. I like my bold and strong, nothing fancy just straight up and hearty. God gives us Love tailored to our own special lives and needs.

Do you throw away your cup because it has a crack in it? Did you throw it away and later dig it out of the trash?

My cup has many chips in it, so many that I forgot who was responsible for which, It doesn't matter anymore. I lost the handle a long time ago. I don't even remember when. I dumped my cup out once. Threw out Gods Love, put my cup on a shelf to be forgotten. I picked it back up and asked for a refill. I gave my cup away to someone else to do with what they pleased. ( probably why it has that big crack in it) But I took my cup back. Asked for a refill.
I still have my cup. I hold on with both hands and have to be careful from where I drink, but
I still have my cup. I will never again try to throw it away. It is still full of Gods Love.
Some people look at my cup and wonder why I don't just throw it away for good. They think it is no good anymore. They say “no one should have to have a cup like that”. But my answer to them........FREE REFILLS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment