Monday, September 12, 2011

Be Grateful

My brother lives with me, his parenting weekends and mine coincide so his youngest son plays with my two youngest.
The two boys are drawing at the table while my brother watched. I was reading and my daughter was at the computer working on her novel. My nephew nudges my son and says "Chance, I want to go to BurgerKing, NOW!" Chance looks at him, Raven says "how rude".  My nephew says "I'm hungry".My brother asked, " Is that how it's done where you live? Just demand something and you get it?" I said "let me try that," I held my hands out like I was going to catch something out of mid air and said " I'm hungry", hmmm, didn't work" Chance puts down his pencil and sighs heavy and says " Mom, would you please make us some sandwiches?" I said " sure" and listed all the different sandwich makings available and took orders from everyone. Raven helped make sandwiches. When they were done she brought hers out of the kitchen and said "Thanks Mom" ( even though she helped) she handed Chance his and he said "Thanks Mom, Thanks Rave". I handed my brother his and he said "Thanks ladies". I handed my nephew his and he tried to snatch the plate out of my hands. I held tight and asked him" What do you say?" he just looked at me. "Say thank you",I said. "thanks" he said in a grouchy voice.

After reading the weeks scripture I wondered :
Did Chance and Moses had the same thoughts. " why ask me, I can't fix your problem."  "Ask with love to the one who can fix it."
Is this what God was trying to teach the Isrealies? Ask with a loving spirit for your needs to be met, don't demand with a selfish ego for your wants. Be grateful for what you are given and for whom it is that gave. ( even if you help fill the need, be grateful)

No comments:

Post a Comment