Wednesday, November 16, 2011

All This , and Heaven ,Too!

I found a poem by Clay Harrison that mirrors exactly what is in my heart. I must share this with you.

All This,and Heaven,Too!

I have sunlight in the morning
in shades of gold and red
And songbirds serenade me
before I'm out of bed.

I have flowers in my garden
fit for a queen's bouquet,
And I know that God has blessed me
before I kneel to pray.

I have food for my table,
and some that I can share;
God's goodness and His mercy
follow me everywhere.

I have family to love me
and friends to see me through,
But best of all, God's promise...
All this, and Heaven too!

Here is the list of things that I saw today that made me say "All this, and Heaven too!

a warm shower on a cool day
the color of the sky is the same blue in my youngest daughter's eyes
the carpet of gold and brown leaves on the neighbor's lawn
the look on a young man's face when he realized God loves him
the smile on my oldest daughters face when she woke
my brother's humor
too many doughnuts on the kitchen table
my daughter in love's giggle over the phone
a kitten purring on my lap
the sun reflecting in my coffee cup
being able to type this

It's only 9am. The list will grow. What happened for you today that made you say:
"All this, and Heaven too!" ?

Be Blessed


No comments:

Post a Comment