Thursday, July 5, 2012

Step 5: Celebrate

Step 5: Celebrate

    Yesterday we celebrated the 4th of July. We celebrated the birth of our nation. Some people celebrated family and friends, while others celebrated the fireworks. There were picnics, canoe trips, swimming pools, sunshine and laughter. The entire country was making noise and cheering for the USA. Even if the political views were different and the social economic backgrounds were different, everyone celebrated.

We celebrate holidays, birthdays, anniversaries and other important dates. We should approach every day with this much cheer. God has given us many blessings and we should rejoice daily.

 The other day I was telling my friend about something wonderful God had done for me. At the end of my story I clapped my hands and giggled “Yay God” (mimicking a pre-teen show the younger children watched when they were pre-teens) She laughed and said she never thought of cheering God. I cheer God whenever I see something amazing and know that only with His hands could this thing happen.

 I read a story about a man that gave such a display of outwardly verbal celebration for a sunset that his neighbors came out to see what was going on. Wouldn’t it be great if instead of hearing people yell at each other for things done wrong, we hear people shouting words of praise to God for things gone right?
Be Blessed and Celebrate!
Cathy Hayes

No comments:

Post a Comment