Thursday, June 28, 2012

Steps that were missed

I must, once again, ask you to forgive my absence from writing. Circumstances arose that I thought would not fit into our journey as I had planned. Then after some thought I realized that the distractions of life were, in fact, part of that very journey.

So I missed writing about the steps that we should be taking together. I didn't write about the end of the school year, your graduation from high school ( of which I am very proud). I didn't write about the end of the after school program or the friends that had moved away. I didn't write about the illness that plagues a family member or the family dynamics that changed. I wanted to keep this simple and list the steps in the books I was reading. It occurs to me now that all that happens in life are all part of that walk with God that we both want.

Step two:
 Foundation:
 You need to start your spiritual journey with a good belief structure. Like building a house, you must start with a strong foundation. I have a strong foundation in my Christian beliefs. I believe in One True God, a creator of earth, Heaven and all that exists. I believe in Jesus the Messiah, God incarnate walking with mankind to teach. I believe in the resurrection of Jesus, that he died and rose again to walk among his followers. I believe in the Holy Spirit, as it touches our lives and brings us closer to God.

I know that you were raised in the Catholic Church. Your father wanted you to have that foundation. My son,  we have spoken on this many times and I know you can easily find where your core beliefs exist.

Search in your soul for the answers to where you want to start building . Find your foundation.
Be Blessed my son.
Cathy Hayes










No comments:

Post a Comment